In this two part episode, we talk with two young people about the juxtaposition of the mental health crisis of young people -- and -- the pervasive role of social media in young people's lives. Sara Lund (age 18) and Ingrid Ahlefeldt-Laurvig (age 17) share their views and experiences with FOMO, self-image, being united with others, and parenting -- among many other things. If you are a young person you might find their insights heartening. If you are an older person or a parent of young people, it's an important listen. It shifted some of our views. It also gave us hope and excitement about the future. Something we all need!
Chapters in part 2:
- The positives of social media
- Views on different platforms
- The maturing impact of social media
- What makes Ingrid and Sara worried about the future?
- What makes Sara and Ingrid hopeful about the future?
- What do they want from adults?